Friday, January 26, 2007

My very first carnival!

The Festival of Under-30 Finance is up at Golbguru's journal.

A few interesting entries:
55 Ways I Saved (or Considered Saving) Time and Money Planning my Wedding, which is nice and relevant. I love saving-on-weddings tips!

Top 10 Resume blunders--even though I'm not looking for a job right now, you never know! Plus, I'm on the hiring committee right now--and he's right on the money about what we toss. :)

Don't Rely on the Lottery. I have a co-worker that spends quite a lot of money on the lottery every day, and I just want to hit him over the head and shout: "The lottery is not a retirement plan!" Yeah, it's nice to fantasize about what to do with the windfalls, but for pete's sake. Lottery=tax on people who are bad at math.

Five Rules for Investing is a great set of rules for beginning investors. Of course, if everyone followed these rules, nobody would ever file a claim, and I'd be out of work!

No comments: